Saturday 19 May 2018

Sacred Book

I have survived another Ministry of Mixology in Coventry this last April. Along with such great people and creativity, there is always Di and Toni's on sight Tando Store. So many fun products you get to see in person, feel and touch.
Well I fell in love with these Mini Books.
IMG_4586
I decided to give it a try and do a faux alligator skin. Using Andy's shedded stencil, I added a thick layer of modeling paste.
IMG_4589
After the paste dried, I painted and blended and then added a layer of crackle glaze to add to the layers of the book. Topping off with some antiquing cream to emphasize the texture of the book.
IMG_4593
The inside was a little tricky, I wanted to have multiple pages, it was a matter of getting the inside to close and fold appropriate and fit together. But I got it to work.
IMG_4597
IMG_4595
Topping off the cover with the Flaming Heart kit, and some elements from the industrial elements kit.  Using some liquid resin to fill in the heart, and seal the flame crown across the top.
IMG_4591
I love how this little book turned out, and it is little. I will have to play around with the other ones that I got, so we will see. Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great creative day.
black and white head shot
Supplies:
AS LOGO
26685978_10156947111614008_1186625561451155764_o
decoartlogo
Shedded Stencil - Andy08
Quinacridone Gold
Naphthol Red Light
Phthalo Green Yellow
Primary Yellow
Primary Cyan
Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
Medium Grey ValuePaynes Grey
Sap Green
Crackle Glaze
Modeling Paste
Antiquing Cream Carbon Black
tandologo
France Papillon Tags And Embellishments Kit

1 comment:

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.